Follow these 7 easy steps and notice how quickly you can become mindful!
Step #1-DECIDE you want to become mindful
- When we decide to do something, we are telling ourselves we are committed and we engage our minds in this “new” decision
Step #2-STOP and pause.
- Stopping and pausing for a moment in whatever we are doing, brings our attention to the activity and forms a natural “break” from the autopilot program we were on.
Step #3-Breathe consciously.
- Breathing with focus allows that stop and pause to continue and gives us the opportunity to elevate ourselves into the observer mode.
- Taking notice of our surroundings such as colors, shapes and sounds we see and hear brings us into the moment.
- We can also observe our thoughts and feelings as we notice our surroundings.
- There is no need to pass any judgement on any thoughts or feelings-simply observe.
Step #5-Be curious
- Being curious allows for new information to be known. Being curious allows us to be in awe/wonder of what it is we are experiencing and receive it, instead of having it just pass by unnoticed.
Step #6-Be in appreciation
- When we appreciate what it is we are observing, it’s like a download of feel good hormones! We get to be in a state of abundance, not lack and it feels good.
Step #7-Acknowledge the Mindfulness
- Acknowledging what we have done, being mindful, even if just for a few minutes, reinforces it as a worthwhile practice we’ll want to continue.
Share your mindfulness practice experience here!
Share this post
There are no comments