Is it possible to enjoy the last weeks of summer with Fall right around the corner?
It’s that time of the year when we start to realize that summertime is slowly giving way to Fall.
I find myself feeling a mixture of sadness that summer is ending and excitement about the new beginnings that Fall carries with it.
It’s an interesting conundrum, isn’t it, as I want to stay present to the summer that I love so much and yet create and envision what’s coming up next.
Do you find you do something similar?
I think it’s possible to stay present and also create what it is we want to strive for.
I believe it’s about practicing mindfulness.
When we consciously practice being mindful, we open up to possibilities because we’re in a more expansive state of mind.
When we’re in a more expansive state of mind, we can naturally envision and create our future while still being present to where we are in the moment.
Easier said than done, you might say?
What if it could be easy?
What if you could be mindful, present, and feel the joy of the last few weeks of summer, while thinking ahead, too?
I’m going to assert, that if you follow the practices I’m outlining below for the next 2 weeks, you’ll be in a place of having gotten the most out of the summer that is left…and be ready for all those new beginnings and/or shifts in schedules and routines that occur in the Fall!
Because you’ll have primed your mind for being in a more expansive state of being present and creating what it is you want as we move forward in the 4 months of the year.
I know, as a hypnotherapist mind coach, specializing in Stress & Anxiety Relief, that many people start to feel stressed and anxious as the season change brings on life’s changes too.
So, I’d like to invite you to challenge yourself to take on these practices over the next 2 weeks.
Give yourself the gift of being present to all the “summertime mode” energy that brings YOU joy and then get ready to embrace all the new beginnings that Fall brings, too!
I’m going to challenge myself to do the same.
Here are 3 practices/rituals/exercises I know work:
- Take Focused Calm Breathing Breaks:
- Take 2-3 minutes every 2 hours and STOP!
- Stop and breathe into your heart center as though it were your lungs.
- Use your smartphone or perhaps your computer and set an alarm for 2 hours.
- When the alarm goes off-just STOP and breathe!
- Do this focused breathing for 2-3 minutes-again use an alarm. It’ll go by very quickly.
- This will give you a pause in your day and you’ll go back to whatever you were doing being more refreshed and rejuvenated!
- Practice Gratitude
- Keep a notebook, journal, whatever works and write down 3 things you are grateful for that you appreciate in your life-or perhaps about summertime. You could do a gratitude “theme” and simply find 3 days daily that you appreciate about summertime.
- Doing this at the end of your work day or at night before bedtime will allow you to enter that more expansive state.
- Anything and everything you can read about gratitude will affirm that this practice can be life-altering.
- It opens you up to receiving what is-it’s a very expansive feeling gift you give to yourself.
- Write down your goals
- By writing down your goals, you are bringing forth the ideas that have percolated as you prime your mind with the expansive state you create with focused calm breathing and practicing gratitude.
- Begin with how you want to feel as we head into the Fall.
- Do you want to feel excited because it’s an opportunity to start anew?
- Do you want to feel calm, confident, and connected to the changes coming up?
- e. kids back to school, or kids leaving for college, schedules to arrange, different routines.
- Next, focus on what those goals are:
- Do you want to get back on or start an eating plan that supports your best health for your body, mind, and emotional well-being?
- Do you want to increase your physical strength and activity to be your best and strongest self?
- Maybe you want to have a new work environment or a new job?
- What are the details of that?
- Read your goals daily!
- When you read your goals daily, you are imprinting into your subconscious mind what you want and how you want to feel.
- When you find yourself feeling differently than you want, re-read your goals of how you want to feel as well.
- This is also an excellent time to go back to your Focused Calm Breathing practice.
By doing these practices, rituals, and exercises for your mind, you really are being the creator of your experiences and your life.
You will find you can be present to the joys of summer while focusing on creating your future self.
I wish for you lots of joy as you challenge yourself to these practices the next 2 weeks.
I’m going to be there with you!
Please let me know how this works for you by commenting on my blog post.
Also, as a special treat, here are my 3 Gifts that Help! audios