National Relaxation Day is a wonderful opportunity to unwind and take a break from the hustle and bustle of daily life.
Here are 7 ways or things you can play around with to take a nice relaxing time today…and anytime!
Spa Day at Home:
- Why not create a spa-like atmosphere at home where you can relax easily and comfortably?
- You could draw a warm bath, light scented candles, play soothing music, and use their favorite skincare products for a pampering session.
- Meditation helps you stay present and calm, which is naturally relaxing.
- If you’d like to some guidance, you’ll find many guided relaxation and hypnosis meditations on Healing Hypnotherapy’s website store, as well as on YouTube and other resources.
- Try this Special 2 for 1 Relaxation package.
Nature Walk or Picnic:
- Spending time outdoors in Nature can be very relaxing.
- If the weather permits, taking a leisurely walk or having a relaxing picnic in a park will connect you to the joys Nature provides.
- Nature definitely has a calming effect on the mind and body, and a change of scenery can be incredibly refreshing.
Yoga or Stretching:
- A gentle yoga session or simple stretching routine to alleviate tension promotes relaxation.
- Yoga’s focus on deep breathing and gentle movements is a wonderful way to help release stress and anxiety.
- Do you find you never have time to sit down and read?
- Well, here’s an opportunity to immerse yourself in a good book.
- Whether it’s a novel, a self-help book, or a magazine, reading can transport the mind to different worlds and provide an escape from all the busy-ness of life.
- Even a ½ hour of reading time will provide some needed relaxation time.
- Engaging in a creative activity like painting, drawing, writing, or crafting can be relaxing and may be just the creative expression you need to relax and unwind.
- Finally, and this one is a biggie for all of us: disconnect from your digital devices for a few hours.
- Turn off notifications, put away smartphones, and engage in activities that don’t involve screens, such as puzzles, board games, or spending quality time with loved ones.
- The important thing to remember about any of these suggestions is that prioritizing self-care and relaxation not just for National Relaxation Day.
- Any of these activities can become valuable habits to cultivate for a more balance and enjoyable life.