Planning for Ease & Results
With the last part of the year upon us, the difference in feeling great about where you’re at, what you’ve done or feeling stressed and disappointed at year’s end is one word:
Planning for the rest of this year now will give you a map of where you want to go.
Having a map gives you direction.
Having direction takes away the stress of not knowing what to do.
Having direction takes away the stress of feeling overwhelmed and paralyzed because there are so many choices.
Here’s a simple exercise to help you plan from now until Dec. 31st .
Give yourself about 10 minutes where you can be alone.
Have a pen and paper available.
Sit quietly, close your eyes, take a deep breath and use your imagination.
Start from the end:
- How do you want to feel at the end of the year?
- Do you want to feel satisfied with how you created your life? Do you want to feel happy with the choices you made? Do you want to feel inspired and excited about your life, your health, your finances, your opportunities that lie ahead?
- Now really get into that feeling state you desire to feel.
- Feel it in your entire body
- Now give it a color that you like, that for you right now represents that feeling.
- If you’d like, perhaps give a shape to this color that represents the feeling you are feeling.
Now bring yourself back to the present:
- Think about the next 3-4 months and the things you want to do and accomplish, including any activities around the many holidays between now and December 31st.
- It’s possible you may be noticing some unease as you initially think about the many things you’d like to do.
- It’s possible it may feel a bit overwhelming just thinking about it.
If so, immediately say to yourself: CHANGE, and change any uneasiness to your previous feeling state by simply taking a breath, imagining that color and shape…and notice what happens.
If you didn’t experience any unease, then simply focus on the color and shape of the feeling you desire.
Now, with your desired feeling state in place,
ask your Inner Wisdom to:
show you what you need to do
give you a plan
guide you with directions
a combination of any of the above
so you can have ease as you go through the rest of the year and be assured of feeling good, healthy, satisfied, accomplished and inspired.
Now: Take another deep breath, open your eyes and begin writing a plan from your Inner Wisdom without any editing.
Just allow the plan to flow. Keep writing with no stopping. You can polish it later. Do this until it feels complete.
Now: notice how you feel. Take a breath and allow that feeling to spread through out your entire body.
Walk away from the paper. Allow all you’ve written to sink in naturally.
Later in the day or even the next day, re-read your “guidance”, then write it out in a format that works for you to use as your guide, your map, your planner.
Remember you were sourcing your Inner Wisdom, so you’ll want to be aware if the “doubter” comes up.
You know that analytical critical mind that might want you to doubt the plan you just created!
If you become aware of the “doubter”, say “CHANGE”
and bring back that color and shape and restore the feeling state you desire: the one that connects you to your Inner Wisdom and inner knowing-ness.
This is the feeling state you want to follow to bring the results you desire.
This is the place where you get the results you desire with ease.
You’ve planned it, you’ve felt now. Now you can realize it!
Keep stress away the rest of this year by using your powerful mind to plan the results you desire! Your actions will follow accordingly.
Let me know how this exercise worked for you and how you are planning for ease and results!
Having more calm and ease in your life for the next 3-4 months, will put you in a great position to begin the “real” new year!
Comment below, please!
There are no comments