How Well Do You Maintain Balance in Your Life?
by Jackie Foskett
If trying to maintain balance in your life makes you feel like a tightrope walker, you’re not alone. Most of us have so many demands on our time and energy, life can feel like a three-ring circus.
When we’re out of balance, it’s stressful.
Take this quiz to see where you are at in the life balance equation.
True or False?
1. I successfully manage my life by taking care of myself physically and emotionally.
2. Self care is part of my daily routine.
3. I eat foods that support my well being and move my body regularly.
4. I do regular wellness check ups with my healthcare practitioners.
5. I set aside personal, quiet time for myself, whether I’m meditating or simply letting my thoughts drift.
6. I experience the gifts of each season: gardening, hiking, more time outside; camping, swimming, barbeques; harvesting the bounty, ice skating, sledding, gathering wood, spending more time inside.
7. Creativity nurtures me, too. I do what I love, whether that’s cooking, drawing, painting, writing, dancing, singing or another creative pursuit.
8. Reaching out to others enriches my life. I spend quality time with family and friends.
9. I notice and heed the emotional signals that tell me I’m out of balance: irritability, overwhelm, resentment.
10. If I feel that I’m catching a cold, I realize I may have stressed my immune system with overactivity, so I stop and take care of myself.
11. When I need or want to, I say no to requests for my time.
12. I listen to and honor the requests my body makes for such things as a nap, a walk, green vegetables, hot soup.
13. If I have something planned for myself, I don’t just toss that aside when someone makes a request of me.
14. I’m busy, but I find time to do the things I want to do.
15. I’m happy. I regularly experience well-being, contentment, even joy.
If you answered false more often than true, you may want to take a look at the questions to which you answered false and see if you can incorporate something of its message into your life.
If you are willing to share your results and what it means to you, please comment below.
I’m sure others will appreciate knowing they are not the only ones who feel like their lives are a bit (or a lot!) out of balance!